Re: Oracle Taining Hardware for 5+ people

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:20:49 -0700 (PDT)

Alex

Can you please clarify this point "you can do server part on a single physical host".

Thanks
Sanjay

From: Alex Fatkulin <afatkulin_at_gmail.com> To: smishra_97_at_yahoo.com
Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:38:52 AM Subject: Re: Oracle Taining Hardware for 5+ people

Keep in mind that you can do server part on a single physical host (this is what I do at home :)

One of the ways you can get shared storage for RAC ASM is to use iSCSI target (which itself can be hosted on one of the VMs, I'm using OpenFiler at home which should do OK for training purposes as well) or just use NFS and though you can use ASM over NFS that's going to be a bit "unusual" plus you're not going to get "look and feel" of having true devices which may (or may not) be important for your ASM training.

--
Alex Fatkulin,
http://afatkulin.blogspot.com