Re: monitoring

From: Tony van Lingen <>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:26:04 +1000

We do use Nagios extensively and in combination with Orca (for trend analysis). Nagios Plugins does come with a plugin for oracle which can do some basic checks, but if you want to do more intensive monitoring you can easily write your own plugins (in Perl for example).

A (somewhat old) example package of what we use is available at - it refers to Netsaint, which is what Nagios used to be called.