Re: how to make a delete statement fail

From: Daniel Fink <daniel.fink_at_optimaldba.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:41:42 -0600

When you mean 'incorrect statement' do you mean that it won't parse? Such as "delete form table..."?

If you are wanting a run time error, how about using TO_NUMBER() on a character column?

SQL> delete from employees where to_number(ename) = 9; delete from employees where to_number(ename) = 9

                            *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01722: invalid number

Regards,
Daniel Fink

--
Daniel Fink

Help me support The Children's Hospital of Denver one of the 10 best pediatric hospitals in the US!
I'm riding in the 2009 Courage Classic - 157 miles in 3 days
Visit my Personal Rider Page http://www.couragetours.com/2009/danielwfink to donate.

OptimalDBA    http://www.optimaldba.com
Oracle Blog   http://optimaldba.blogspot.com

Lost Data?    http://www.ora600.be/