RE: how to make a delete statement fail

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:41:37 -0400

How about:
alter tablespace <tablespace_where_that_table_lives> read only;

Obviously, not good on a production system, but since you mentioned this is to test a code path and (presumably) in a development instance, it should work.

From: [] On Behalf Of Joe Smith [] Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 21:20
Subject: how to make a delete statement fail

How do I make a correct DELETE statement fail? I have a developer that wants to test a code branch and he needs a delete statement to fail.

It can’t be locked ( shared or exclusive ) from a separate session or be an incorrect statement or return “0 rows deleted.”

It has to be “delete from table where col = value”. How can I force that to fail?

Windows Live: Keep your friends up to date with what you do online. Find out more.<>