Re: how to make a delete statement fail

From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 19:03:27 -0700 (PDT)

How about using the where clause:

delete from duplicate where duplicate_id=1 and 0=1;

So the statement is fundamentally correct except for the last predicate.

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
Oracle Database 11g RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) - ON IT'S WAY SOON!
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex)
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now...
The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in
good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking
the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-)