Re: 11g 64 bit and Red Hat 4

From: Peter Hitchman <pjhoraclel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:06:46 +0100

Hi,
I have installed 11.1.0.6 on a number of OEL4 and RH4 64 bit servers. The only issue we had was when installing RAC, the Oracle installer got very picky about what RPMs were installed, on one machine it did not like the fact that a "386" RPM existed. So we had to carefully remove RPMs wre both 32 bit and 64 bit had been put on.

Regards

Pete

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 7:09 AM, Ray Stell <stellr_at_cns.vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> I just tried to install 11.1.0.7 64 bit on Red Hat 4 and it did not go
>> on cleanly. I get the hint that maybe only Red Hat 5 is what "really"
>> goes with 11.1.0. I've not had any trouble with 11.1.0.7 32bit db
>> on RH4. Can people weigh in on what really works as opposed to what
>> sort of works from the support matrix?
>>
>> There should be a headache coefficient included in the support matrix.
>>

> To answer your original question, I have installed 11.1.0.7 several times
> on 64 bit RH 4 servers, both physical and virtual (VMWare) with few issues.
>
> Perhaps you could address specifics?
>
> Jared Still

Regards

Pete