Re: unaccounted for time in a tkprof output

From: Dba DBA <oracledbaquestions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:09:30 -0400

#3 is a good guess... but i ran this on a larger dataset over the weekend when production is not that busy. It ran for 18 hours and I had to kill it. The waits were pretty much all on the straight inserts without any wait events associated with it. I ran it with a smaller data set since I wanted it to complete so I can get the plans. The plans are the same in dev and test.

The difference in time is almost all associate with inserts, but I do not have any coresponding wait events.

The inserts are a row by row insert that runs in a loop.

 Outer cursor
   query
   query
   query
   insert
end loop;

Yes i know this is not good code. I am not allowed to change the code in the short term. There is a long change process this would have to go through.