RE: Enterprise Management Framework

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:00:23 -0400

Well, we do some of that with our product - GridApp Clarity, not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but we have many customers that fit your criteria

Otherwise, large shops tend to do these things with a generic automation framework from someone like HP/Opsware or BMC Bladelogic - the trouble is, since they're not specifically application or database aware, there can be a pretty steep implementation curve with those products. Once it's set up, though, it should do what you want.

Thanks,

Matt

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Guillermo Alan Bort Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 11:53 AM
To: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Enterprise Management Framework

This is a question for people working in large environments (hundreds or thousands of servers with unix, windows and linux O/S and rdbms ranging from SQL Server to Oracle and DB2 (on unix))

What enterprise management framework do you use?

I am looking for a single tool that will allow me to schedule tasks both on windows and linux/solaris/aix/hp-ux and deploy scripts and have reporting capabilities both for applications and database layers.

Something like Grid Control for Oracle Applications/Oracle Database but global.

any help is appreciated

Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional