RE: Solaris 10 and Oracle 10g - swap space problem

From: Crisler, Jon <Jon.Crisler_at_usi.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:09:34 -0400

Here is the info you were looking for-- I was trying to get the SGA up to about 20-30gb but had to settle for about 8-10 gb for now.

# cat release

                       Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC
           Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 16 August 2007

This machine was Provisioned with a patch cluster released Sep/05/08 using flash archive image "sol10-sun4u-09-15-08.flar".

Platform info from PRTDIAG-

System Configuration: Sun Microsystems sun4u Sun SPARC Enterprise M5000 Server
System clock frequency: 1012 MHz
Memory size: 65536 Megabytes

8 CPU's