Re: flashback a physical standby database

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_bluegecko.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:46:47 -0700

On Jul 21, 2009, at 11:38 AM, steve montgomerie wrote:

> Can I flashback a physical standby?
>
> Scenario is this..
> opps update on table last friday.
> Can't flashback the table ...snaphsot too old
>
> I was thinking that I might be able to open the standby , flashback,
> get the data , flash forward, resume recovery
>
> Or do I do TSPITR with RMAN on auxillary instance.

It sounds like your best option may be to use logminer to obtain the SQL UNDO for the rogue update from the archived redologs.

Anyhow... Since the rogue update, nobody has transacted subsequent work on the involved rows *based on* the incorrectly updated data, have they? Because if they have, your repair is more complex than just backing out the bad transaction(s).

Regards,

Jeremiah Wilton
Blue Gecko, Inc.
http://www.bluegecko.net