Re: flashback a physical standby database

From: <TESTAJ3_at_nationwide.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 14:41:33 -0400

If u got flashback logs on standby to go back that far, I am testing that sceanrio thu of this week, which doesn't help u I know :(

Joe
Sent from the crackberry, so please excuse the typos and terseness.

  • Original Message ----- From: steve montgomerie [stmontgo_at_gmail.com] Sent: 07/21/2009 02:38 PM AST To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: flashback a physical standby database

Can I flashback a physical standby?

Scenario is this..
opps update on table last friday.
Can't flashback the table ...snaphsot too old

I was thinking that I might be able to open the standby , flashback, get the data , flash forward, resume recovery

Or do I do TSPITR with RMAN on auxillary instance.

We are ...
10.2.0.4. RAC as primary with no rac on single instance physical standby OEL 4.5

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jul 21 2009 - 13:41:33 CDT

Original text of this message