Re: flashback a physical standby database

From: Bradd Piontek <>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:47:44 -0500

Absolutely. I use this in 10gR2 to allow apps to verify the standby database and do updates,and then flashback the database so i don't have to rebuild the standby. Works awesome.Check out How To Open Physical Standby For Read Write Testing and Flashback (805438.1) on Metalink for detailed steps. *
*Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,
        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your