Re: Datagueard Incremental Restore.

From: Asif Momen <asif_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:53:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Jason's mail was under "spam" folder, so I did not read it and shared my experience with Martin and other members.

Regards

Asif Momen
http://momendba.blogspot.com

From: jason arneil <jason.arneil_at_gmail.com> Subject: Re: Datagueard Incremental Restore. To: martinfbrown_at_hotmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Date: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 8:51 AM

Hi Martin,

Have you applied your incremental backup to your standby?

You need to recreate the standby controlfile as the incremental backup does not update what scn the standby controlfile is at. I've documented this here:

http://jarneil.wordpress.com/2008/06/03/applying-an-incremental-backup-to-a-physical-standby/

cheers,

jason.

--