Datagueard Incremental Restore.

From: Martin Brown <martinfbrown_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:53:48 -0400

I'm trying to complete an incremental restore on one of my physical standby databases. I'm following:

http://www.filibeto.org/sun/lib/nonsun/oracle/10.2.0.1.0/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/rcmdupdb007.htm

My understanding was to get a SCN from my standby and run the incremental backup from my primary a couple thousand SCN's prior to what the current scn is in the standby. I keep getting "datafile 1 must be restored". I know what that usually means, but in this case, I don't see the relavence. Datafile1 should be current past the SCN number I am using. Am I misreading or misunderstanding the proceedure? Anyone else use this method?

Thanks for your time.

Martin

Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailŪ. http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_QuickAdd_062009