Datagueard Incremental Restore.

From: Martin Brown <>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:53:48 -0400

I'm trying to complete an incremental restore on one of my physical standby databases. I'm following:

My understanding was to get a SCN from my standby and run the incremental backup from my primary a couple thousand SCN's prior to what the current scn is in the standby. I keep getting "datafile 1 must be restored". I know what that usually means, but in this case, I don't see the relavence. Datafile1 should be current past the SCN number I am using. Am I misreading or misunderstanding the proceedure? Anyone else use this method?

Thanks for your time.

Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailŪ.