RE: Dataguard Incremental Restore.

From: Asif Momen <>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:43:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Martin,

I faced this issue sometime back and thought on blogging (it is still in the pipe).

One critical step is missing from the document. You need create a new standby controlfile on the primary and replace the existing standby controlfile (at the Standby side) with the new one. That's it and you are done.

Asif Momen

From: Martin Brown <> Subject: RE: Dataguard Incremental Restore. To:
Date: Thursday, June 11, 2009, 7:59 AM

#yiv165320913 .hmmessage P { margin:0px;padding:0px;} #yiv165320913 { font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}  Sorry, I meant to say that I/m using the SCN from my production system minus a couple thousand. From:
Subject: Datagueard Incremental Restore. Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 10:53:48 -0400

#yiv165320913 .ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding:0px;} #yiv165320913 .ExternalClass body.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} I'm trying to complete an incremental restore on one of my physical standby databases. I'm following:
My understanding was to get a SCN from my standby and run the incremental backup from my primary a couple thousand SCN's prior to what the current scn is in the standby. I keep getting "datafile 1 must be restored". I know what that usually means, but in this case, I don't see the relavence. Datafile1 should be current past the SCN number I am using. Am I misreading or misunderstanding the proceedure? Anyone else use this method?
Thanks for your time.

Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how. Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you.