Re: Pdb Tooklit

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:08:28 -0700

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Rich Jesse < rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com> wrote:

> But given the choice between managing an Oracle install on Windows and Perl
> install, I'd choose Perl and only choose the Oracle-supplied one if was
> already installed.

Personally, I prefer having a separately installed Perl.

I know what version it is, I have modules that work with it, and will always work regardless of which Oracle version is installed on the box.

The only caveat I've run into is dealing with the PERL5LIB system environment variable that Oracle insists on installing.

If the server is not using any perl for other than opatch, the PERL5LIB gets renamed on our windows servers.

Jared