Re: Pdb Tooklit

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 13:11:04 -0500 (CDT)

> Setting up the DBD::Oracle module for windows can be somewhat problematic,
> as I don't believe it has been updated in some time.
>
> Jared

Unless one uses the Perl provided by Oracle installations, including the Grid Control Agent. It's in there and works. From the Oracle.pm in my 10.2.0.3.0 Agent install's home:

$DBD::Oracle::VERSION = '1.15';

But given the choice between managing an Oracle install on Windows and Perl install, I'd choose Perl and only choose the Oracle-supplied one if was already installed.

Rich