Re: what version of linux/kernel/hardware platform are you running for RAC?

From: <>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:19:21 -0500 (CDT)

We are using Oracle11g CRS (no ASM)  Kernel:2.6.18-92.el5.  We initially had some problems with bonding - wherein the interface names would change on reboots (Vendor provided a work-around).  So far, it's been quite stable!

On Apr 17, 2009, wrote:

We're attempting a pilot project for RAC 10g( on 11g clusterware( and 11g ASM., all kernel:  2.6.18-128.el5  on hp servers.

We're having fits with kernel panics, kernel bugs, etc.

Who is running this setup successfully and if you don't mind what is your setup?

thanks, joe

Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Consultant
Data Engineering and Administration
Nationwide Investments

(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

Interested in helping out your marriage?
Ask me about "Weekend to Remember"
Dec 11-13, 2009 here in Columbus.