Re: Why won't OEM send alerts

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 17:28:12 +0100

Hi rich, i'd check the descriptions very carefully. I think that you will find that emails count as a notification method and thus are added cost. The alert which is free corresponds to manually checking the website. This may have changed in 11 but i wouldn't count on it. Personally i think the distinction between alert and notification is unacceptable and devious. It was there last i looked though.

On 4/2/09, Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com> wrote:
>> Do you have the diagnostics pack enabled? I may be mistaken but I
>> believe it needs to be enabled for that node for emails to work.
>
> IIRC, there is no extra requirement for notification. The pricing structure
> for GC is cost-prohibitive, but it's not quite that bad...
>
> Of course, your Oracle Sales Representative should know. Should... ;)
>
> Rich

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.orawin.info