Re: quad socket, 24 cores tpc-c report posted. (Oracle Standard Edition, Standard Edition One licensing)

From: Mark Brinsmead <pythianbrinsmead_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:26:11 -0600

Okay. I'll bite.

What did the Oracle Sales Rep say the licensing metric actually *was*?

I'll be the first to agree that the multi-core thing is getting tiresome (though it would not have to be if Oracle corp would simply correct their own wording). Oddly though, I never tire of hearing tales of the strange statements made by Oracle sales people. :-)

--
Cheers,
-- Mark Brinsmead