Re: stats books?

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_method-r.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 21:45:10 -0500

As much as I love Lex and Toon's "Applied Mathematics..." book, it is not a statistics book. Nor is Shallahamer's "Forecasting..." book.

For a good intuitive introduction to statistics, I recommend putting $11 down on this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Statistics-Manual-Edwin-L-Crow/dp/048660599X. If you want a really good book with a focus on statistics for performance analysts, use
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Computer-Systems-Performance-Analysis/dp/0471503363/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1236912261&sr=1-1 .

Cary Millsap
http://method-r.com