Re: Upgrade OID database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.4

From: Maureen English <sxmte_at_email.alaska.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 16:12:11 -0900

We moved our 10.1.0.5 OID database to its own ORACLE_HOME using the same cloning procedure we use to clone our production database to a test database. Then we upgraded this database to 10.2.0.1.0, then upgraded that database to 10.2.0.3.0.

We've also done a similar thing, not an upgrade, though, where we just exported the schema into a newly created OID instance.

I'm not the one who did either of these, but I am very familiar with the steps for the first case. I can send you the steps used for the second case if you want.

  • Maureen