Upgrade OID database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.4

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 13:14:33 -0800

I'm on my second SR now trying to get an answer to these questions:
  • How do I upgrade an OID database from 10.1.0.5 to 10.2.0.4?
  • Is these even possible, and/or supported?

Given that the software in OID is more than just the database, and upgrading the DB requires a new Oracle Home, I don't expect this to be straight forward.

Has anyone here done this?

Or do you know if it can even be done?

The only reason for upgrading is compliance to support contracts.

10.1 databases either are, or will be, an extended support item.

I can't seem to get any answers to these questions.

And yes, I have searched for it also.

Thanks,

Jared Still