Re: RAC and ASM - Standard vs. Enterprise Edition install process ?

From: Dan Norris <>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:36:20 -0600

AFAIK, the licensing restrictions in SE are just that--licensing restrictions. I'm not sure about CPU count, but I do know that building RAC with SE doesn't technically require ASM, just that the license does. I tend to believe that the CPU restrictions are just paper restrictions and won't really be technical limits, but I'm not positive.