Re: RAC and ASM - Standard vs. Enterprise Edition install process ?

From: Michael Elkin <melkin4u_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 23:11:54 +0200

I am using RAC in 11.1.0.7 with SE.

ASM is the only option for a RAC shared storage in SE from licensing point of view.
I have asked Oracle support the same question about RAC CPU limit in SE several times , as i understand there is an option to perform a physical CPU partition on the server and only then you can use SE on the server with more than allowed number of sockets.
By the way for Intel based processors i am pretty sure that calculation is 2 cores = 1 CPU license in EE.

Regarding the migration from EE to SE i do not think that you have to export /import or do any data migration assuming that you are not using any EE features.
Just install SE in a separate ORACLE_HOME and startup your database using a SE Oracle software.

Michael

--
Best Regards
Michael Elkin