Re: Indexing a CLOB

From: Nuno Souto <>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:22:34 +1100

Just a small warning regarding out of line CLOBs: with 8k blocks, they are stored one per block. Even if their length is way smaller than the 4k boundary for a CLOB to migrate out of line.
So, if you have 30 million rows in a table, you better be prepared for 30 million blocks of out-of-line CLOB storage, at a minimum. DAMHIKT...
Nuno Souto