Re: EM Grid control with FQDN on Solaris

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:20:54 -0600

Can you verify if your /etc/hosts file has entries of this type: IP FQDN SHORTNAME If all you have is
IP SHORTNAME
or
IP SHORTNAME FQDN grid control uses the short name which can cause issues. I had to redo my install after fixing this to get it all correct. there are a lot of configuration files that I just didn't want to bother with finding all the references in.

Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,

        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your