RE: Executing a query for the output without doing the SQLNet round trips

From: Hemant K Chitale <>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 22:43:32 +0800

  1. Whether I use an Indexed colum or a FullTableScan, it is the ResultSet that will be causing the SQL*Net round-trips that I which to avoid.
  2. No, this is not a server-side job. I am demonstrating (creating a test case) the impact of differences in execution plan (FullTableScans, ClusteringFactor,IndexRangeScan) on the amount of work the database has to do. If I make a large number of SQL*Net round-trips, not only are my SQL*Net waits higher, but so are my 'consistent gets'. It is these that I want to avoid.

At 01:29 AM Wednesday, Herald ten Dam wrote:
>Is the option to put the query in a job, which you schedule? A job
>always runs in de serversite and will not give round trips.
>Herald ten Dam

Hemant K Chitale

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes