RE: Executing a query for the output without doing the SQLNet round trips

From: Vishal Gupta <vishal_at_vishalgupta.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:13:11 -0000

Hemant,

If put an your query as inline view and do a count on non-indexed column, then you will be able to all the physical/logical IO and table accces (full or by rowid via index) in your query and can avoid SQL*Net round trips. If this what you are after?

eg.

select COUNT(non-indexed-column)
from (

           your query
       );

Regards,
Vishal Gupta
http://www.vishalgupta.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org on behalf of Hemant K Chitale Sent: Tue 03/02/2009 14:15
To: sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com; hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Executing a query for the output without doing the SQLNet round trips

That could reduce the number of round-trips yes. But I am doing a local (BEQ) connection. Also, I really want to eliminate all round-trips but still have Oracle fetch all the rows and columns.

At 02:14 PM Tuesday, Syed Jaffar Hussain wrote:
>How about playing around with SQL *Net Packet size parameters (SDU & TDU)?
>
>Regards,
>
>Jaffar
>
>--
>Best Regards,
>
>Syed Jaffar Hussain
>Oracle Certified Master (10g)
><http://www.oracle.com/technology/ocm/shussain.html>http://www.oracle.com/technology/ocm/shussain.html

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html