Re: Insert takes a lot of cpu time and buffer gets

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 22:47:52 +0800

If the tablespace is an ASSM, you would see higher 'consistent gets'.

http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com/2008/08/assm-or-mssm-impact-on-inserts.html

Also, if the INSERT follows a DELETE, things get worse http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com/2008/08/assm-or-mssm-delete-and-insert.html

At 01:01 AM Thursday, Yechiel Adar wrote:
>I run statspack on 9.2.0.5, windows 2000.
>The server is 2 dual core cpus with 4 GB memory.
>
>I see that 27,550 inserts costs 31 buffer gets per insert and a
>total of 48 seconds cpu.
>They are using bind variables.
>The table has no descriptors and no triggers.
>The tablespace is locally managed and the table size is 500 MB with
>147 extents.
>
>There are 20 fields, from which 14 are fields that contains date
>values but the fields are varchar2(10).
>
>What can cause the high buffer gets and the high cpu?
>
>--
>Adar Yechiel
>Rechovot, Israel

Hemant K Chitale
http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com

"A 'No' uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a 'Yes' merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble." Mohandas Gandhi Quotes
: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html