Re: Oracle Performance on VMWare

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:11:39 -0800

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_oneneck.com>wrote:

> Nope, I don't ask Oracle to support VMWare. As long as VMWare supports
> VMWare and Oracle supports Oracle, we're good. According to Metalink
> 249212.1, Oracle does support Oracle on VMWare – it's just not *certified*
> .

Ah, Ok. It's that lack of certification that may give people pause.

The few times I've seen Oracel run on VM, there have been no issues.

I've seen Oracle Apps 10.x with Oracle 7.3 run on a VM, because the HW was too old, needed replaced, and using p2v was *much* easier than trying to recreate apps 10.x.

BTW, please don't ask me how that was done, someone else did it, and I don't know what how he did it. I seem to recall it wasn't quite straightforward.

Jared Still