Re: sqlplus "/as sysdba" giving error

From: Jared Still <>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 12:08:57 -0800

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 10:37 AM, William Wagman <>wrote:

> If you are attempting to install Netbackup for use with Oracle certain
> pieces must be relinked. See Metalink note 209117.1 for details.

Though that note has a review date on it of 2008/05/22, it is referring to NetBackup 4.5

It's been quite a while since I've used 4.5, so I can't comment on how I set it up.
eg. I can't remember :)

With versions 5 and 6 on Linux with both 2.4 and 2.6 kernel, relinking Oracle
has never been necessary in my experience. This may be different on other platforms. Other *nix platforms anyway. On windows it is just a DLL installed
by the NBU installer.

OH/lib/ is just a soft link to /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/

If it the soft link points to the right lib, and the lib is correct, RMAN works.

It can be removed and recreated at anytime. Well, probably not in the middle of a backup...

Jared Still