Re: Audit related

From: Ram Raman <>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:35:57 -0500

A follow up on this. Hopefully not a silly question.

We are going to set up auditing with audit_trail=DB. We have audit_sys_oprations=TRUE too. Is it OK to set the audit_file_dest at an NFS location. I know it is not Ok to have a datafile in NFS. There is not enough space in the $ORACLE_BASE mount point, otherwise I would set it there. The audting is enabled by a third party product and administered by it. I checked with the company and yet to receive information on how often they clean out the 'audit_file_dest' and in what way.

In the meanwhile, I want to make sure it is OK to have NFS for audit_file_dest. I read in Oracle manual that it goes to $OH/rdbms/audit if it by default (I assume it may happen if NFS is not avaialable, but NFS has always been available in our case, so far).