Re: NETCA, DBCA, and Deinstalls hanging in new 10g RAC build (Resolved)

From: Jeffery Thomas <jeffthomas24_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 19:53:13 -0400

Fixed. Sort of -- in the sense we do not know why.

What we did was move the servers from the prod subnet to an unprotected test subnet to evaluate whether there was a firewall issue.

NETCA/DBCA worked fine in the test subnet, so it seemed to confirm that the firewall was the culprit.

We then moved the servers back into the prod subnet, intending to debug the firewall rules. However, NETCA/DBCA continue to behave nicely, before we began modifying any rules. So basically all we did was 'bounce' the subnet for the servers.

Scratching our heads on this. With respect to CRS, all I did was delif/setif the global interface' s subnet, which is nothing more than changing a value in the OCR.

  • Jeff