RE: Virtualization

From: Bort, Guillermo <guillermo.bort_at_eds.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:13:38 -0500

I have had problems with VMWare under I/O stress, situations where the VM just dies.

The last example was while installing RHEL4u7 on a new VM and it simply died. There are a few entries in the log and I'm currently googling arround, but I've had similar experiences some time ago while trying to create databases and formating raw partitions for ASM/RAC. So I figured I should try a different virtualization environment... Oracle seemed like a good idea, specially since we have virtually unlimited access to ML, Patches and Oracle Products in general.

Regards

Guillermo Alan Bort

EDS - ITO DBA Main Group

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Bort, Guillermo

Ok, now to the point. We need to keep all the VMs working as they are our main testing environment and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with OracleVM, specially running the Windows 2003 with MSSQL Server, as I'm pretty sure the Oracle installs will work flawlessly.