RE: Virtualization

From: Allen, Brandon <>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 08:07:43 -0700

Why do you want to switch from VMWare to OracleVM? Have you had problems with VMWare? I'm curious because I'm in the middle of a project to deploy a new production environment on VMWare and so far everything is going very well except for a performance problem we encountered with running OEL4 32-bit on 64-bit VMWare. Once we switched to 64-bit OEL4, performance was great. Oracle openly acknowledges that Windows guests perform poorly on OracleVM so I probably wouldn't even bother trying it.

[] On Behalf Of Bort, Guillermo

Ok, now to the point. We need to keep all the VMs working as they are our main testing environment and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with OracleVM, specially running the Windows 2003 with MSSQL Server, as I'm pretty sure the Oracle installs will work flawlessly.