Re: "All triggers are evil",..., really?

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:28:59 +1000

Yes, sure. The problem I've found is that management very easily takes the next step: "let's go for 24x7 5 9's now that we achieved 8-8 so easy". After all, it's what all those "web folks" are doing, ain't it?

That's when life gets interesting because more times than I care to recall they expect it to cost the same and if we can't deliver it, it obviously must be our fault!

And why I tend to nip these things in the bud: before they become a disaster waiting to happen! :)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto