Re: Oracle on ZFS

From: Martin Klier <>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:09:11 +0200

Charlotte Hammond schrieb:
> Hi All,
> Can anyone recommend a best practices or recommendations guide for
> running Oracle (10g) on ZFS (Solaris 10)? I'm interested in things
> like FILESYSTEMIO_OPTIONS and DISK_ASYNC_IO etc. and also in a general
> overview on how ZFS works and how to monitor it from a DBA
> perspective. Searched Oracle and Sun websites without much luck so
> far.

copy on write and all the data integrity stuff ZFS provides might end up in double load and low performance. I tested it some months ago (without going too deep or using a high end subsystem), and I did not find benefits compared with ASM.

Anyway and nearly off topic, do you know that video? ;)

Just a personal opinion,

Usn's IT Blog for Linux, Oracle, Asterisk