Re: Long connect time when one node in RAC goes down

From: Yechiel Adar <adar666_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 19:19:52 +0300

Hello Mark

We connect from the client with failover and load balance to vip-node1 and vip-node2.
We pulled the plug on node2.
Oracle moved vip-node2 to node1, of course there is no listener on that address + port in node1.
We run connections with trace and found out that whenever we access via vip-node2 we have two errors in the trace file: 1) 12541 - no listener - (as expected) takes about 1 second to return the error.
2) 12535 - tns time out - takes about 6-7 seconds to return the error.

After the error, sql net use vip-node1 and make a connection.

We would like to eliminate the 12535 errors and shorted the 1 second for the 12541.

I do not see where the local listener and remote listeners as of any concern here.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel