RE: Long connect time when one node in RAC goes down

From: Bobak, Mark <>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 11:23:46 -0400

Are you sure you are referencing *only* the VIP, and *NOT* the physical IP, not only in the connect string definition, but also in the local_listener, and remote_listener parameter, on all nodes? Please check all of these.

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Database Administrator, System & Product Technologies
789 E. Eisenhower, Parkway, P.O. Box 1346
Ann Arbor MI 48106-1346
+1.734.997.4059  or +1.800.521.0600 x 4059

ProQuest...Start here.