RE: Grid Control monitoring of a web page

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 14:57:57 -0400

It looks like it can. I just set one up on my system to monitor a HeartBeat web page we have for one application here. Go to Web Applications and create a new app calling a web page. Seems pretty simple to set up. I'm going to leave it running and see if it tells me anything interesting.

[] On Behalf Of Jeffrey Beckstrom Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 2:39 PM
To: oracle-l-freelists; oracle-db-l
Subject: Grid Control monitoring of a web page

I seem to recall that Grid Control had the ability to monitor a given url for response time, etc.

I can not locate any information on this. Can Grid Control monitor the pages served up by a web server to ensure the web server is still functioning correctly?

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113