Re: Oracle V11 & Vista

From: Tanmoy <tanmoydc_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2008 04:13:38 +0530

Enterprise manager did not start may be because of dynamic dhcp issue, Oracle suggest to install microsoft loop back network driver . But i am not sure if you enable that network how it effects your internet connection where dynamic ip is used .

On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes I was able to install it, but Enterprise manager did not start. I
> searched a bit some forums and other people also assured that.
> Database worked. However after some another problems with network,
> unability to accept new Office (shudder, however I could of course
> get older version) I simply gave up and uninstalled Vista in favour of
> XP. Let M$ make experiments on other people not on me :)
>
> Gints Plivna
> http://www.gplivna.eu
>
> 2008/8/8, sol beach <sol.beach_at_gmail.com>:
> > For V11 Oracle Metalink says supported OS includes Windows Vista x64 -
> > Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions
> >
> > My question is, for non-production/home use will V11 Oracle run on Vista
> > Home Premium x64.

Regards,
Tanmoy

-- "Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent."