RE: Crystal Reports book(s)?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:00:13 -0700 (PDT)

That's a cool tip. Thanks. If you find the URL, please share with us.

I remember a case where the Crystal Reports user asked DBAs for help with performance. He was advised to bump up ODBC prefetch size. I think he changed it to 10000, and the report was generated in a few minutes instead of 2 hours.

Looking at my notes about ODBC prefecth size, he must be using pre-10g Oracle's ODBC driver:

ODBC Driver Configuration (odbcad32.exe):

Oracle ODBC:
Oracle 9iR2: Prefetch Count: 10
Oracle 10gR2: Fetch Buffer Size: 64000
Oracle 11gR1: Fetch Buffer Size: 64000