RE: Crystal Reports book(s)?

From: Allen, Brandon <Brandon.Allen_at_OneNeck.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:44:03 -0700

The only thing I've run into before with Oracle & Crystal is that Crystal will (by default, I think) pull large amounts of data from Oracle to the client, only to aggregate it on the client side, e.g. to provide a report on sales totals by customer. You can configure it to do "server side grouping" instead and then it will pass the appropriate GROUP BY clause to Oracle, allowing the RDBMS to do its job and only return the much smaller amount of aggregated data to the client, so this can greatly improve the performance in certain cases. You should be able to google "crystal server side grouping" and get some more detail.

Regards,

Brandon

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of sol beach

Much to my surprise & displeasure I have been directed to support Crystal Reports which is installed on a Windoze box & accesses an Oracle database which I support.