Re: dbms_job jobs and resource consumer groups

From: Dan Norris <>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:04:43 -0500

I sent this a few weeks ago and one response said that using dbms_application_info was an option. If I don't want to change the code at all--can someone at least help me identify what service the dbms_job jobs will use? I suspect it uses the SYS$USERS service, but I'm not certain and I'm not certain how to tell. Can someone suggest a way to tell what service a DBMS_JOB is running under?

I have a test environment, but even 10046 won't show the service the DBMS_JOB runs under as far as I can tell. Suggestions welcome.