Re: Anyone using GC 10.2 to monitor SQL Server 2K/2K5?

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:17:16 -0500

I use the SQL Add-on to monitor SQL 2000/2005 SQL 2000 - a bit more setup to get the perf metrics working. Not sure I ever got this working on Windows 2000. On Windows 2003 is was much simpler.

SQL 2005 - Again, works pretty good. I do have an SR open with oracle. It is my belief they are not collecting the right source data for Database space used. All my databases show less than a percent of free space when in actuality there is 90% plus free in each database. I have found support by Oracle a bit slow, and not very knowledgable when it comes to the plug-ins.

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog: http://piontekdd.blogspot.com Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/in/piontekdd