dbms_job jobs and resource consumer groups

From: Dan Norris <dannorris_at_dannorris.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 16:38:45 -0600

I'm on, 3-node RAC (not that RAC matters in this case), RH4.

I'm considering implementing resource consumer groups and having trouble finding any way to place a dbms_job into a particular consumer group. If my groups are mapped using the service_name that the user connected with, is there any way to assign a job to a particular consumer group? That is, without placing a call to DBMS_RESOURCE_MANAGER into the job? If I map the groups some other way (other than by username), is there a mapping that would handle all dbms_jobs easily?

I know that migrating to DBMS_SCHEDULER is the "right" way forward, but that migration may take some time as the calls to DBMS_JOB are embedded in app code, so we're looking for a good interim solution.