Re: Ports in listener.log

From: Bradd Piontek <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:04:36 -0500

Do you have some example listener log entries?

Are you sure they are connecting on some other port and that the port is not the port on the client ? Windows connects initially on the listener port but than spawns a new thread which is on a different port each time.

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:58 AM, <> wrote:

> Oracle
> I have a 10.2 listener listening on port 1522, and see connections
> established using that. However, I also see connections coming in on other
> ports, that look like the increment by 1 each time. The connections are
> coming from a .net application on a windows server through IIS, and that
> server does not have a tns entry in tnsnames.ora. We removed it from there
> to specifically prevent connections to this database. Anyone have any idea
> how this could be happening?
> Sherrie Kubis
> Oracle DBA Supervisor
> Information Resources Department
> Application Systems Section
> Southwest Florida Water Management District
> 352-796-7211 x4033
> <>
> Good judgement comes from experience,
> and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
> IMPORTANT NOTICE: All E-mail sent to or from this address are public record and archived. The Southwest Florida Water Management District does not allow use of District equipment and E-mail facilities for non-District business purposes.

Bradd Piontek
Oracle Blog:
Linked In: