Re: Oracle 9i RMAN

From: Robert Freeman <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:38:12 -0700 (PDT)

Where did you see this particular recommendation from Oracle as *the* Oracle recommended way to backup your database?

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Feature
Blog: (Oracle Press) The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You must be LDS to apply (please don't write to me and tell me I'm breaking the law. A church can choose to hire members of it's own faith. Look it up if you don't believe me).

  • Original Message ---- From: Blanchard William <> To: Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:00:14 AM Subject: Oracle 9i RMAN

Hello everyone,

The Oracle recommended strategy for backing up a 10g database is image copies with incremental updates. Is there something similar in 9i. What is the Oracle recommended strategy in 9i?

Thank you,