Re: The end of TOra

From: David Aldridge <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:04:51 -0700 (PDT)

It's the memory usage that's killing me. The latest version seems to easily eat up 400MB even when all connections have been shut down, and it just doesn't get released. I get no joy from the forum on how to reduce this. ----- Original Message ---- From: Don Seiler <> To: Cc: oracle-l <> Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 5:42:52 PM Subject: Re: The end of TOra I was wondering this too since nothing on their website or mailing lists says anything of the sort. I'm a fan of Oracle SQL Developer, although it still has some java-related quirks (slow startup, sometimes leaves artifacts on the screen).  I'm *trying* to rely more on sqlplus these days, and the column ... format command is my new best friend.  Obviously doesn't help you much though. Don. On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 3:33 PM, John D Parker <> wrote: > I may have mis spoken! I just got an email from the lead developer of TOra > and he asked where I heard it was dead. He says they are working hard on it! > Way cool! Long live TOra. > > John > > ----- Original Message ---- > From: John D Parker <> > To: oracle-l <> > Sent: Friday, June 13, 2008 2:56:27 PM > Subject: The end of TOra > > Well, I visited the SourceForge site of my long time fav Oracle tool TOra. > The end of life release has been posted. Why is it my favorite tools die > ugly deaths... > > Does anyone have a suggestion for replacing TOra in my desktop toolkit? > What's your fav tool. I've tried sql developer and Tom Kyte may like it but > ICK! is all I can say. I'm a DBA not a Developer. TOra could snoop around > and build code. > > I'd love to hear your thoughts. > > John > > > > -- Don Seiler ultimate: --